News from the north and a screenshot
Things are starting to get interesting in Pure Blind. Pandemic Legion (the winner of the past two alliance tournaments) have moved into an NPC station in a region held by Mostly Harmless. We’re getting mixed reports about their intentions, but the most likely story is that they’re wanting a bit of good old-fashioned POS warfare before it becomes obsolete with the new dominion patch.
We, of course, have mixed feelings about this. The following things have been said about Pandemic Legion:
- The have an extremely large Capital fleet
- They have near bottemless wallets, having held many high-end moons for a very long time
- They have extremely experienced Fleet Commanders, such that they are not afraid of numbers stacked against them
- They have the vast majority of members as seasoned PvP veterans with lvl 5 in every skill that matters
- They have the capability to take over the entire Northern Coalition without much trouble at all.
- Their skillz are such that they are able to take on vastly superior forces with just their newbie ships and a unit of Tritanium
- If they felt it necessary, they could kill you with their brains
Of course, this has a mixed effect on the emotions of the alliance. Whatever happens, we know that if they take some of our territory they won’t hold it for long due to the domination patch changes, every 0.0 holding alliance will be focusing first on holding their own territory. But of course, we won’t yield anything without a huge fight.
Truth be told – we don’t know how we’ll fare against PL, only that we are finally being attacked by a foe worthy of respect. We can’t do anything half assed over the next few weeks.
Bring the Pew Pandemic Legion, we’ll be ready!
One plus about this is Pandemic Legion is doing what we really couldn’t be bothered doing: cleaning out the NPC systems in Pure Blind. The alliance Maru K’age have been based there for so long but due to the fact they can dock at the stations there (owned by the sisters of eve NPC corp) they are extrordinarily difficult to displace. It seems after only 2 days of being in the same system, Pandemic Legion are already frustrated with them – here’s a sample of tears I saw in local while scouting the PL pos’s:
PEOPLE OF MARU CAGE, YOUR LEADERS HAVE LIED TO YOU. YOU ARE NOT ACTUALLY PVPING WHILE IN DOCK RANGE. PLEASE IMMEDIATELY HEAD FOR JITA WITH WHATEVER SHIPS YOU STILL HAVE IN TACT BEFORE YOUR EGO DIES WITH YOUR SHIPS. – Sneechers, Pandemic Legion
Attention people of Pathetic Legion your leaders have lied to you, smacking local and outnumbering your opponents 5 to 1 is not elite PVP. go put your d**ks in the a** of the goons where it belongs – Daniel Ogden, Maru K’age
Oh, the Tears are almost as glorious as the up-coming pew will be!! I promise many a detailed battle report and screenshots.
Now, what would an eve monkey blog be without a screenshot to break up the wall of text. IMHO, Wormholes provide the settings for the best screenshots possible. If I had known I was going to start an Eve blog back when I was carebearing in a wormhole earlier this year, I would have taken more shots.
Manticore at a POS in a wormhole.